What's "The Session?"
To quote Jay: “The Session, a.k.a. Beer Blogging Friday, is an opportunity once a month for beer bloggers from around the world to get together and write from their own unique perspective on a single topic. Each month, a different beer blogger hosts the Session, chooses a topic and creates a round-up listing all of the participants, along with a short pithy critique of each entry. Over time, it is the hope — of me, at least — that a record will be created with much useful information about various topics on the subject of beer."
Interesting - what's the topic?
This month, we're taking on the internet and craft beer: is it a help, a hinderance, an annoyance, or all of the above? How is beer drinking/brewing different in the internet age, and how is the internet changing the way brewers and craft beer drinkers do business?
Topics might include:
- Marketing beer in the internet age
- The astounding influence of beer bloggers to make or break breweries (just kidding, but seriously, what's the effect of all of this quasi-journalistic beer commentary on the drinking and brewing public?)
- How are beer reviews (expert and mass-market) affecting what gets brewed and drank?
- Are beer apps for tracking and rating overly-"gamifying" beer (or does that make drinkers more adventurous)?
- Just how fast do aleholes on message boards and elsewhere turn off prospective craft beer enthusiasts?
And, of course, I'm sure that you're all more creative than me and there's a lot I'm missing.
Cool - how do I join in?
Leave a comment with a link to your post in the comment section of this post, preferably by May 5th (the first Friday of the month, also known as "next Friday"). Even if you're running a little late, leave your comment and I'll catch it. The roundup will publish in mid-late May (I'd say that the 15th is a likely target), and we'll see what everyone came up with.
Keep it simple.
Please help support BEER SIMPLE by visiting the Support page and saving the links there as your bookmarks, especially this Amazon link! Every dollar you spend will help keep BS coming your way, and more often (which is at least as much a threat as a promise).